Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

[Smells Like News] Bobby Brown Says Goodbye To Whitney Houston On New Song

Houston's ex-husband debuts 'Don't Let Me Die' during a visit to the 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.'
By Nadeska Alexis


Bobby Brown appears on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday
Photo: NBC

Since Whitney Houston passed away in February, her ex-husband, Bobby Brown, has only opened up about her death in one interview on the "Today" show, but during a Wednesday night appearance on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno," the R&B singer paid tribute to Houston with a new song.

"Don't Let Me Die" finds Brown musing on mistakes he made during his relationship with Houston. "I didn't realize that every breath I took was from you," he sang, dressed in black, "You were my air."

The new song will be featured on Brown's upcoming album The Masterpiece, set to debut on June 5. It will be his first album since 1997's Forever. "I guess I [messed] up pretty bad/ I didn't know who you were/ I didn't know what we had," Brown continued to sing. "Now I'm stuck living in the past/ Trying to get the pieces back/ But I guess now you're gone."

Brown's tumultuous marriage to Houston was well-documented on their reality TV series "Being Bobby Brown," which showed the couple's difficult battle with drugs. When Houston died, she left behind 19-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina, who reportedly has a strained relationship with her dad.

During his visit to the "Today" show in April, Brown defended himself against constant accusations that he was responsible for Houston's drug use, saying she was using drugs before they met in 1991. "I smoked weed, I drank the beer, but no, I wasn't the one that got Whitney on drugs at all," Brown told "Today" host Matt Lauer."It's just, it's just unexplainable, how one could [say that I] got her addicted to drugs. I'm not the reason she's gone."

Houston's family — including daughter Bobbi Kristina, brother Gary Houston and sister-in-law Patricia Houston — are set to appear in an upcoming Lifetime reality series.

Related Photos Related Artists

--
Posted By sysop to Smells Like News at 5/17/2012 06:41:00 PM

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Smells Like News" group.
To post to this group, send email to smellslikenews@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to smellslikenews+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/smellslikenews?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment