Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

[Smells Like News] Brooklyn Decker Talks Horse Name, Family Aspirations

She has two new films, "Battleship" and "What to Expect When You’re Expecting", due out on May 18th and, as part of her promotional blitz, Brooklyn Decker landed herself a feature in the June 2012 issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

The 25-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit beauty donned designer dresses from the likes of Bottega Veneta and Proenza SAchouler for the Miguel Reveriego shot spread while dishing about everything from where she got her name to family aspirations with tennis pro hubby Andy Roddick.

Highlights from Miss Decker's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Vanity Fair!

On where she got her name:
“I’m named after a horse. My mom’s best friend had a horse named Brooke, so my dad suggested ‘Brooklyn’ as a more formal version, and it just stuckâ€"and now I live in Brooklyn part-time, so go figure.â€

On her long-term plans with husband Andy Roddick:
“I think that I’d like to try to be a superwoman and have kids and work, so we’ll see if I can actually accomplish that. But, if we’re talking dream scenario, that would probably be it.â€

On not being in demand when she first started modeling:
“There were countless jobs I didn’t get because of my figure. I wasn’t that successful as a model, ever. I just had a few clients that really embraced my curves.â€

On walking away from modeling at the height of her career:
“The Sports Illustrated cover was the last thing I shot. That week, I told my agent, ‘You know what, I really ...I don’t want to be a model anymore. I really want to do movies.’ And I think he wanted to wring my neck at the moment.â€



--
Posted By sysop to Smells Like News at 5/16/2012 09:06:00 PM

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Smells Like News" group.
To post to this group, send email to smellslikenews@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to smellslikenews+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/smellslikenews?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment