Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

[Smells Like News] Michael Fassbender Covers GQ June 2012

With his new movie "Prometheus" set to hit theaters on June 8th, Michael Fassbender amped up promotions by landing the cover of the June 2012 issue of GQ magazine.

The 35-year-old German actor looked studly in a suit for the Mario Testino shot spread while opening up about topics including his Oscar disappointment and rumored co-star girlfriend.

Highlights from Mr Fassbender's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to GQ!

On dealing with how his infamous scene in Shame became the focal point of the entire movie:
“It’s fun to a point,†he says of these situations he has been facing, “and after a certain point you worry that it kind of detracts from the movie. But there’s nothing I can do. I just have to laugh it off. I can. Pretty much. Because I take my work seriously but I can’t take myself too seriously. I’m in such a crazy privileged positionâ€"shit, this is the pinnacle of the dream when I was 17.... Nobody wants to hear really how difficult it is.â€

On his disappointment about not receiving an Oscar nomination for Shame:
“At the beginning people [say], ‘You’re going to be going to the Oscars,’ and you’re like, ‘Whatever, doesn’t matter, don’t think so.’ But after a while it does penetrate. After a while you’re like, ‘Anyway, so I’m going to the Oscars…’ †He laughs. “And you start to believe it. And I did. I thought I was going. And then I found out I wasn’t and I was upset. I was very upset by it. The first reaction was ‘What the fuck…?’ †He sounds frustrated that he had let himself get sucked in. “It’s a vanity thing. It does become important to you. And it shouldn’t.†On reflection, he decided that he had learned something about misplaced priorities. “A good little lesson.â€

On his Shame co-star (and rumored girlfriend), Nicole Beharie:
“I’m seeing Nicole, we’re trying to see each other as often as possible,†he acknowledges. “That’s kind of difficult when she lives [in New York] and I live in England.†He says they got together during the film’s promotion. “Nothing happened while we were filming. We started talking more on the promotion thing. So, yeah, it just sort of unfolded like that.â€



--
Posted By sysop to Smells Like News at 5/15/2012 08:13:00 AM

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Smells Like News" group.
To post to this group, send email to smellslikenews@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to smellslikenews+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/smellslikenews?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment