Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

[Smells Like News] Miranda Lambert Covers Self June 2012

She's one of country music's leading ladies, and Miranda Lambert was selected to grace the cover of the June 2012 issue of Self magazine.

The 28-year-old looked casual cute for the Kenneth Willardt shot spread while opening up about topics including her marriage to Blake Shelton and thoughts on dieting.

Highlights from Miss Lambert's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Self!

On not wanting to be too thin:
"I don't care about being stick-thin. I don't want stuff to jiggle. Really skinny actresses make me hungryĆ¢€"I see them and think, Honey, you need to eat! I'm lucky I don't have to live like that. I feel my best when I'm a toned, not flabby, size 8. Women come up to me and say, 'You're beautiful and confident, and that makes me feel I can be, too.'"

On her distaste for exercising:
"I absolutely hate exercise. I love it afterward, of course. But my trainer is so nice, I want to do push-ups to please him!"

On not getting much time with husband Blake Shelton:
"Blake and I barely see each other. We got married [last May], and we each had so much travel, it was, like, See you next year! There have been challenges the first year, but we faced them. We're individuals, but together we're a force to be reckoned with."

On finding a happy medium:
"I won't give up what I enjoy to look perfect. I want to find a happy medium between feeling good about my body and still having a beer and some barbecue."

On not holding back:
"I say what I think. My song 'Gunpowder and Lead' is about domestic violence. When I saw [Chris Brown perform] at the Grammys, it upset me. I felt like the entertainment industry wasn't sending a good message. So I tweeted about it. ["He beat on a girl.... Not cool that we act like that didn't happen."] I could have kept it to myself, but I'm glad I didn't. If I saw him, I'd say, 'We need to talk about you not doing this ever again.' And I might have to use some curse words to get my point across."



--
Posted By sysop to Smells Like News at 5/16/2012 10:36:00 PM

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Smells Like News" group.
To post to this group, send email to smellslikenews@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to smellslikenews+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/smellslikenews?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment